In the Varo app, tap Move Money > Deposit a Check. For instructions on how to deposit an Economic Impact Payment Check, click here.
Before you start, it’s best to confirm:
- Your check meets our requirements. See: What types of checks can I deposit? Most importantly, the check needs to be made out to only you. We can’t accept checks made out to you and another person.
- The amount of the check isn’t higher than the limit shown on the screen. For more information, see Are there limits for mobile check deposit?
- You won’t need your check deposit before it will be available. See: When will my check deposit be available in my Bank Account? If you need the money instantly, you may consider using an instant check cashing service (most will charge a fee), then deposit the money to your Varo Bank Account.
When you’re ready to deposit your check:
- Endorse the check:
- Sign the back.
- Write “For Mobile Deposit Only at Varo” below your signature. Make sure to use ink, not a pencil.
- Follow the steps in the app to take photos of the front and back of the check.
- When you’re done, review the confirmation screen. If everything looks good, tap “Submit”.
- You will immediately receive an email with the subject line “We received your mobile deposit”.
- When we’re done reviewing the check, we’ll send you another email telling you if your check was approved. If it was, you’ll also get a schedule of when your deposit will be available. See When will my check deposit be available in my Bank Account?
- Keep the check for 60 days, according to the Varo Bank Account Agreement.
- Check the status of your deposit in the app by tapping Move Money > Deposit a Check > History (top right). Then tap the deposit you’re checking on.
We're working to make mobile check deposit available to everyone. If you have a check to deposit and don't see "Deposit a check" in the Move Money tab of your app, please contact us for assistance.