In the Varo Bank app, tap Move Money > Deposit checks > Deposit a Check.
Before you start, it’s best to confirm:
- Your check meets our requirements. See: What types of checks can I deposit? Most importantly, non-government checks need to be made out to only you. We can’t accept non-government paper checks made out to you and another person. We can accept certain government checks made out to you and another person (for example, tax refunds for jointly filed returns), but the check must be endorsed by all payees.
- The amount of the check isn’t higher than the limit shown on the screen. For more information, see Are there limits for mobile check deposit?
- You won’t need your check deposit before it will be available. See: When will my check deposit be available in my Bank Account? If you need the money instantly, you may consider using an instant check cashing service (most will charge a fee), then deposit the money to your Varo Bank Account.
When you’re ready to deposit your check:
1. Endorse the check:
- Line 1: Sign the back. If you are depositing a government check made out to multiple payees, be sure to have all parties sign.
- Line 2: Write “For mobile deposit”
Line 3: Write “at Varo Bank only”.
- Make sure to use ink, not a pencil.
2. Follow the steps in the app to take photos of the front and back of the check.
3. When you’re done, review the confirmation screen. If everything looks good, tap “Submit check”.
4. You will immediately receive an email with the subject line “We got your mobile deposit”.
5. When we’re done reviewing the check, we’ll send you another email telling you if your check was approved. If it was, you’ll also get a schedule of when your deposit will be available. See When will my check deposit be available in my Bank Account?
6. Keep the check for 60 days. To review our terms and disclosures, please revisit the Varo Bank General Terms Agreement (Section 4: Mobile Check Deposit) which can be found on our Privacy and Legal web page. Find the Privacy and Legal page here: https://www.varomoney.com/privacy-legal/.
7. Check the status of your deposit in the app by tapping Move Money > Deposit checks > Check History. Then tap the deposit you’re checking on.