Use this as a guide when Varo has emailed you a DocuSign Affidavit.
⚠️It's very important that you complete the affidavit correctly, or we won't be able to submit your claim to J.P. Morgan Chase.
Use the images of the check provided to you by email to help you fill out the information below:
We'll complete Section 1 of this document for you. It'll look like the picture below.
The first half of Section 2 will be completed. You'll need to complete the second half. If you have more than one check you'd like to open a claim on, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check only one box next to the reason for your claim.
Here’s a guide on how to mark the box best suited to your situation:
- Forged endorsement- Someone forged your signature.
- Improper endorsement- Someone signed your check with a name that's not yours.
- Missing endorsement- Someone else cashed your check without signing it.
- Altered check- Someone changed your name and/or amount of the check without your permission. Provide the changes to the name and/or amount of the check.
Read the paragraph, provide your full legal name, signature, and date you signed.
Varo will sign the top right section as the representing business.
Complete the answers to the questionnaire.
Below is a guide on how to answer the questions:
This is the date you became aware the check had already been cashed.
- Mark “Yes” if you received the check and it was stolen or lost.
- Mark “No” if you never received the check.
- If neither, mark “No”. Add additional details in Section 5.
Add any additional details on how, where, or when your check was stolen.
*If you need more space add it in Section 5.
Mark “Yes” since the check was mailed to your address. (Even if you never received it)
Enter information if you know when and where the check was stolen.
- Mark “Yes” if you filed a claim with the U.S. Postal Service and have the Claim Number ready. Enter the Postal Claim Number on the line below.⚠️ONLY MARK YES IF YOU HAVE THE CLAIM NUMBER.
- Mark “No” if you didn't file a claim with the U.S. Postal Service.
If you can identify the person who you suspect fraudulently cashed your check, add their details in the areas provided and include their relationship to you.
⚠️If you've filed a police report you'll need to include a copy.
Provide any additional details regarding your claim in the highlighted areas along with your signature and date.
Once we receive your completed affidavit, we'll send it to J.P. Morgan Chase on your behalf. When the claim is open you'll get a confirmation email.