Linking an external account is done through instant verification using our partner, Plaid, which can be used to link to many national banking institutions.
Here’s how to link an external account in the Varo Bank app using Instant Verification:
- In the Varo Bank App, tap My Varo > External Accounts > Link an Account
- Select your external bank from the list or search for it if you don’t see an icon.
- If you see options when you select your bank, pick the one with the web address where you would normally log in online.
- Enter your user ID and password for the external bank and tap Submit (you’ll need to enter your password twice to verify).
- Follow any prompts from your bank, like entering your phone number or email and using a one-time password to get set up.
- Continue responding to prompts from Varo until you see your external accounts and balances show up on the Accounts Then you’ll know you’re successfully linked.
- Double check you’re entering the correct user ID and password to log in to your external bank’s site.
- Make sure your bank has the right contact info for where to send you one-time passwords.
Once linked, you can transfer money from your external bank account to your Varo Bank Account in the app. We instantly verify accounts with some banks, while others may require additional verification. Accounts requiring additional verification will show as Unverified. Here’s how to verify your account:
- At the bottom of the My Accounts page, tap View External Accounts.
- Tap the account with the Unverified.
- Tap Verify Account, then enter the First and Second Deposit amounts that were sent to your external account.
- Tap Submit.
- You’ll know you’re successfully linked when the account appears on External Accounts page.
If you’re still having trouble, our Customer Service Team is here for you at firstname.lastname@example.org.