Once you’ve received the message in your Varo app that it’s time to make the move to Varo Bank, confirmed your contact info, and received your new Varo Bank Visa® Debit Card, it’ll be time to download the new Varo Bank app! If you haven't, keep using your existing Varo app and debit card.
Once you log in, all of your accounts that were linked in the old Varo app will be automatically linked to your Varo Bank Account in the new Varo Bank app.
You can confirm that the accounts you want linked to your new Varo Bank Account are already linked by tapping Accounts > See Linked Accounts.
If you have new accounts you’d like to link, here’s how:
- At the bottom of the Accounts page, tap Link an Account +.
- Select your external bank or search for it if you don’t see an icon.
- If you see options when you select your bank, pick the one with the web address where you would normally log in online.
- Enter your user ID and password and tap Submit. (You’ll need to enter your password twice to verify.)
- Follow any prompts from your bank, like entering your phone number or email and using a one-time password to get set up.
- Continue responding to prompts from Varo until you see your external accounts and balances show up on the Accounts Then you’ll know you’re successfully linked.
- Double check you’re entering the correct user ID and password to log in to your external bank’s site.
- Make sure your bank has the right contact info for where to send you one-time passwords.
Once linked, you can transfer money from your external bank account to your Varo Bank Account in the app, but your external account needs to be verified first. We instantly verify accounts with some banks and show those linked accounts as Verified.
Other accounts require additional verification. They’ll show as Unverified. Here’s how to verify your account:
- Tap Move Money > Transfer Money.
- Tap Select an account under From.
- Tap the bank account that says Tap to Verify.
- Then you’ll be prompted to enter the bank’s routing number and your account number, and we’ll send two small deposits to the bank account.
- Check for the deposits in three (3) business days, then enter the two deposit amounts in the Varo app.
If you’re still having trouble, our Customer Service Team is here for you at firstname.lastname@example.org.