When you’re eligible to apply for Varo Believe, you’ll see a message on the home screen of your Varo Bank app inviting you to learn more about the card. Tap through the welcome screens and you’ll be taken to the application. Once you’ve agreed to the terms and conditions, tap Submit Application to apply. We’ll review your application and let you know via email and in your app within 2 business days if you’ve been approved.
Once you’ve been approved, we’ll automatically mail your card!
What if I don’t see the option to apply?
If you don’t see the option to apply for Believe in your Varo Bank app, you may not be eligible for the card yet. Be sure to keep your Bank Account positive and be sure to establish direct deposit.
As soon as you’re eligible, we’ll invite you to apply in the app. Here’s how to become eligible:
- Qualifying direct deposits* totaling $500 or more in the past 90 days.
- A Varo Bank Account without any negative balances or an overdue Varo Advance.
- Additional qualifications apply.
The following deposit transactions into your Varo Bank Account are NOT considered qualifying direct deposits:
- ACH Transfers made using your Varo account number and routing number, including:
- Transfers from a brokerage firm, an account held in your name at another bank, or other financial institution (whether yours or a third party’s); or
- Transfers from digital wallets or Peer to Peer (P2P) services, including, but not limited to, PayPal, Venmo, Square, and ApplePay Cash.
- Non-Payroll transfers made to the Varo Visa® Debit Card via Visa® Direct from digital wallets or P2P services, including, but not limited to, PayPal, Venmo, Cash App, Zelle, GooglePay, Facebook, or other similar transfers.
- Cash deposits made via Third Party Money Transfer Services, including but not limited to the Green Dot® Network.
- Mobile Deposit of checks via the Varo Bank Mobile App.
- Varo-to-Varo Transfers received in the Varo Bank Account.